Missing Daisy

Missing Daisy
Ziggy and Zoie loving their sister

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Where am I in the Process?

I am so happy to say that our Home Study is complete and we are now waiting for USCIS approval. This can take anywhere from 2 to 3 months from what I hear and they received my stuff about a week ago. Within 2 weeks I will get my 'eightieth' fingerprint appointment (because my fingerprints have changed) and then I'll wait again.
Baby steps. Not my timing.

Today I got a long awaited update on my little Daisy. Unfortunately it is 2 1/2 years old so I guess I don't know much more than I did before. The pictures were all the same ones I already have too :(
I imagine she's tiny for a 3 year old. I was so hoping to get some measurements and updated pictures.
But that's the way it is in the adoption world. You get what you get and there are never any guarantees.

Ziggy gets up every morning and starts talking about Daisy. Zoie is really getting into it too and likes to show people her picture. We think about her all the time as if she were already here. And she is, if only in our Hearts.
Missing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment